- All participants must be registered with CYS
- On-going enrollment for most classes (new students may need to wait for open enrollment)
- Currently enrolled SKIES students will be automatically re-enrolled into the next session for most classes to retain their space. Payment for the session must be made before the first day of class.
- Classes will be filled on a first-paid basis.
- Children and youth who are currently registered in CYS may be able to enroll for some of the SKIES classes using WebTrac.
- 2023/2024 SKIES Registration Brochure
CLICK HERE for details on Ballet, Dance, Tae Kwon Do, Gymnastics and Music Lessons
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What SKIES Unlimited classes are offered?
Class offerings change as we obtain instructors with different disciplines. Current offerings include Tae Kwon Do, recreational gymnastics and tumbling, violin, guitar, bass, trumpet, brass ensemble, drums, piano, Ballet, tap dance, jazz dance, hip hop dance, contemporary dance. We’re currently looking for instructors to teach tennis, soccer & basketball to name just a few activities. If you have a skill you think would benefit our youth please come see us.
2. When does registration start and end?
Registration is usually conducted in two-month blocks: priority registration, which is done bi-monthly for current students, is always the first Wednesday of the month, and general registration, which is always the second Wednesday of the month.
Registration continues until classes are full. Individual music instruction fees are added to the household, and are due by the first lesson of the month. The bi-monthly registration months for group classes are Feb., Apr., June, Aug., Oct., and Dec.
3. Where can I find a SKIES recital calendar?
SCYS Sports & SKIES events are sent in the CYS Newsletter to all the on-post schools and CYS Centers. All classes, to include recitals, are listed on the MWR Online or Army WebTrac site: http://webtrac.mwr.army.mil/webtrac/wiesbadencyms.html.
4. How do you know if the spots are filled?
WebTrac will indicate if the class is full; the “# ratio” button by each class listing indicates how many are enrolled in the class.
5. Is there a waiting list form?
For individual music classes, all children and youth are put on a waitlist, which is maintained electronically. Students are placed by the order in which they entered the waitlist (unless they are not flexible with the time slot that is offered or they want to be placed back-to-back with a sibling). All students can be placed on a waitlist via an office visit to Parent Central Services or via telephone.
6. Does the program cost anything?
All SKIES Unlimited programs have a fee with the exception of a one-time special event offered by the instructors.
7. What is the fee schedule?
Classes are broken down by the total number of instruction hours. Group classes are billed for two months at a time and individual music fees are billed monthly.
8. Do you have to live on base to use the program?
9. What makes a child eligible for SKIES Unlimited?
Any child/youth that is registered with Child, Youth and School Services through Parent Central Services is eligible to enroll in SKIES Unlimited programs.
10. How do I register my child with CYS Services?
You can register your child with CYS Services at the Parent Central Services office located on Clay Kaserne in Building 1213 Mondays thru Wednesdays & Fridays between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. And Thursdays 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Parent Central Services is closed on Federal Holidays. You can also call to make an appointment at DSN 548-9356 or CIV 0611-143-548-9356.
11. How will I be notified if a class/sport cancelled and/or was called for weather?
Parents are notified via e-mail (with the e-mail address given to us at the time of registration), and when possible, via telephone.
12. How do you volunteer to teach classes?
Potential volunteers meet with the CYS Sports Director and a determination is made if the proper space and a community need warrants the instruction. Volunteers must go through background checks to be vetted to work with children.
13. How can you become a contracted instructor?
To become a contracted instructor, you meet with the CYS Sports Director and a determination is made if the proposed instruction/classes are warranted based on community interest. Space suitability is determined and a prospective instructor must met eligibility requirements to be granted a CYS Instructor’s Contract.
Extracurricular Instructional Classes
For children ages 3-18
SKIES Unlimited stands for “School of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration and Skills” with the word “Unlimited” for the unlimited possibilities that this program provides children and youth: