Wiesbaden Sports, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation Center
- Two fitness rooms
- Cycle room
- Family room
- Cardio area with over fifty elliptical machines and treadmills
- Over twenty pieces of Nautilus equipment
- Free weight area with Hammer Strength and Life Fitness equipment
- A racquetball court
- Main gym floor, perfect spot for basketball and volleyball games
- Men's and women's saunas
- Fitness Center Age Policy
Know the rules for children to use the fitness center and annex:
- Instructions to Enter the 24-Hour Fitness Center
- Group Fitness Classes
Turn off the lights and take a ride in the dark while the music helps you explore the intense side of interval training. This is low impact; great for all levels. Let the instructor take you through a journey to better overall cardiovascular health.
Total Body Express
Strengthen the muscles of your core with an added aerobic aspect to burn fat and show off those sleek, toned abs. Core training is an effective way to reduce the risk of lower back and neck pain, strained ligaments and poor posture. All levels welcome.
Zumba/Zumba Step/Zumba Toning/STRONG, By Zumba
Party yourself into shape with this exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired dance program. This is a great way to get your cardio while having fun at the same time. All levels are welcome.
Intense full body conditioning class, designed to sculpt and increase muscle tone using circuit training, interval training, plyometrics, supersets and weighted lifting. The routine changes constantly, so you never get bored. All levels welcome.
Functional Fitness Training is a class that incorporates a variety of movements at high intensity, taking everyday functional movements and strengthening the entire body to improve speed, flexibility, power and endurance. All levels welcome.
High Explosive Anaerobic Training concentrating on core strength and a variety of plyometric moves to challenge every muscle fiber in your body. 8-10 key exercises performed at 30 reps each before moving on to the next. Push your mind and body farther each time and see results.
All fitness levels are welcome to this multifunctional, fat burning, muscle toning, high-energy class that uses high repetition and low weight to sculpt a “fit you”.
Power yoga uses traditional yoga poses to create a well-rounded flow workout with a gentle approach. This multi-level class is perfect for any athlete, yoga practitioner, or anyone interested in becoming stronger and more flexible. Beginners welcome.
Pilates and Body Shred
Discover how to build up your body and core from the inside out. This class is designed for all fitness levels, and will help you to find your center.
Get ready to get fit with a full body workout that incorporates each body part into a full song using counts and weights. Great for beginners or the expert. All levels welcome.
Tang Soo Do
Tang Soo Do is a traditional Korean Martial Art that is 2000 years old. It combines traditional techniques, self-defense and self discipline. Students will see improved physical strength, stamina, focus/concentration and most importantly, increased self-confidence. Techniques include kicking, punching, blocking, forms (hyung/kata), weapons, one step sparring and self-defense techniques. Read more about the class.
- Monthly Fitness Classes Schedule
- Nautilus Training
Nautilus Training is available at the Wiesbaden Sports, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation Center. Cost is $10 per individual for a 45-minute training session. A group rate is available for five participants for $45 for a 90-minute block featuring both a lecture and hands-on training.
Cancellations must be made 72 hours before appointment.
Nautilus training appointments can be booked at the fitness center front desk. Training will be provided by fitness trainers or fitness recreational specialists.
- Personal Trainers
The Wiesbaden Fitness Center's personal trainers can help you to set and attain realistic fitness goals, get into shape, lose weight, add bulk and definition, improve your athletic performance and much more. One-on-one sessions give you the special attention you need to achieve your fitness goals. Each session is one hour long.
- One session - $50
- Five sessions - $250
- 10 Sessions - $400
- USAG Wiesbaden Commander's Cup
The battalion and separate unit Commander's Cup Program has now begun for the FY2018 sports season. The purpose of the Commander's Cup Program is to recognize battalions and separate units that accumulate the highest number of points from consistent involvement, participation and team achievement in garrison sporting and recreational activities. Sports and fitness events included in the Commander's Cup Program are the following:
- Flag Football
- Army 10-Miler
- Sports Council Meetings
- Cross Country
- All-Army Sports
By promoting physical fitness, troop morale and esprit de corps, this sports program will provide opportunities for participation in a variety of individual and team sports. It is designed to develop team cooperation and effectiveness through athletic competition, self-confidence and leadership qualities via a competitive and recreational channel.
** Please note: Units need an appointed representative (Athletic and Recreation Representative) to serve as the liaison between the Sports Office and each unit.
IMCOM-Europe Commander's Cup FY18 Flag Football results:
- 522nd Military Intelligence Battalion -- 46 points
- 529th Military Police Company -- 25 points
- HHD, 102nd Signal Battalion -- 10 points
- U.S. Army Europe -- 10 points
- HHD, 66th Military Intelligence Brigade -- 10 pts.
- Wiesbaden Army Health Center -- 10 points
- 485th Military Intelligence Squadron -- 10 points
IMCOM-Europe Commander's Cup FY18 Basketball results:
- 102nd HHD -- 40 points
- 485th IS -- 35 points
- 214th HHC -- 20 points
- 522nd MI -- 10 points
- 24th MI HHC -- 10 points
- USAREUR HHBN -- 10 points
- 529th MPs -- 10 points
- 66th MI HHC -- 10 points
2018 USAG Wiesbaden Unit-Level Volleyball Season results:
- Wiesbaden Army Health Clinic -- 25 points
- Company C, 24th Military Intelligence Battalion -- 30 points
- Wiesbaden Eagles (civilian team) -- not eligible for Commander's Cup points
- 522nd Military Intelligence Battalion -- 30 points
- GSAB, 1-214th -- 10 points
- 485th Intelligence Squadron -- 10 points
- HHC, 66th MI -- 10 points
- DoDEA volleyball (civilian team) -- not eligible for Commander's Cup points
- Staff Judge Advocate -- 10 points
2018 USAG Wiesbaden Unit-Level Softball Season results:
- Headquarters and Headquarters Battalion, U.S. Army Europe -- Champions
- 1/214th Aviation -- Second Place
- GISA -- Third Place
2018 USAG Wiesbaden Pre-Season Flag Football Champions:
- HHC, 66th Military Intelligence Brigade
2018 Unit Level Soccer Intramural Results:
- 529th Military Police Company -- 30 points
- 522nd MI -- 25 points
- 24th MI ECC -- 20 points
- 2nd MI -- 10 pts.
- Staff Judge Advocate -- 10 points
- 2-114th Aviation -- 10 points
- HHC, 66th MI -- 10 points
- 485th IS -- 10 points
- HHD, 24th MI -- 10 points
- Company B, 24th MI -- 10 pts
Photos of the top three places:
24th MI EEC
- Massage Therapy
Relax and renew with a healing massage in the peace and comfort of the spa. A variety of massage therapy treatments are available to include Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sports, Hot Stone and Pregnancy Massages. Your treatment can be scheduled directly with one of the licensed therapists. Massages are available in 30-120 minute increments and package deals are available. For information on the types of massages, pricing and to schedule an appointment, please call the fitness center or check out the Massage Trifold.
- Trips and Tours
Outdoor Recreation takes you on adventures all over Europe. We provide overnight trips to nearby must-see hotspots, such as Prague and Paris; weekend trips to resort destinations ranging from Spain to Croatia; and various adventure sports, such as skiing/snowboarding, skydiving and mountain biking. Out calendar of trips is continually being added to and updated, so be sure to view our upcoming outings here.
Prior to accepting registration and payment over the phone, customers must verify their ID cardholder status in person and finalize the creation of an account in our payment system.
- Quench Bench Menu
Set your thirst free at the Quench Bench. Refuel after a hard workout with something delicious and refreshing. Check out all the options below:
Strawberry - Large
Strawberry & Banana - Large
Pineapple - Large
Mango - Large
All Protein Shakes come in Large and are made with your choice of: Protein, Milk, Peanut Butter and a banana.
Devine Whey Shakes
Chocolate $4.75 Vanilla $4.75 Strawberry Poundcake $4.75 Blueberry Poundcake
Peanut Butter Banana Poundcake
Food and Snacks
Banana $1 Power Bar $1.50
Snapple $1.25 Gatorade $2.25 Bottled Water - Small $1 Bottled Water - Large $1.50
Specialty Coffees and Hot Beverages
Type Price Regular Coffee $1.25 Latte Machiato $1.50 Espresso
Regular Cappuccino $1.50 Hot Chocolate $1.50
- Outdoor Recreation Equipment Rental
Items available Mountain Bike Road Bike Bike Helmet 2-Person Tent 3-Person Tent 4-Person Tent 4-Person Quechua Backpack Sleeping Bag Sleeping Bag Quechua Sleeping Mat Sleeping Pad Self Inflatable Cot Lantern 2-Burner Stove XX-Large Ice Chest X-Large Ice Chest Large Ice Chest Medium Ice Chest Small Ice Chest 3 Gallon 5 Gallon Canoe With Life Jacket and Paddles Kayak With Life Jacket, Spray Skirt, Paddles Life Jacket Throw Rope Canoe Paddle Kayak Paddle Stand-up Paddle Board (Inflatable)/Life Vest Included With Weekend Rate Canopy, 10X10 EZ Up Canopy, 15X15 Canopy, 20X20 Canopy, 20X20 New Bouncy Castle 10X10 (4 Person) Clown 65' Obstacle Course
*** Inflatables cannot be used in the rain or high winds
*** Only 1 power cable extension is permitted from power source to blower.
Super Cooker Small Super Cooker Medium Super Cooker Large Cleaning Fee Deposit Fest Set Tables Benches Horseshoe Set Volleyball Set Stand Ball Net Tug-O-War Rope Seasonal Rental Skis/Snowboard Nov. 1 to April 15; Limited Quantities; First-Come-First-Served Ski Package Snowboard Package Skis Snowboard Alpine Boots Snowboard Boots Ski Poles Helmet Jagd/Hunting Rifle Shotgun *** Member must have valid Jagdschein/German Hunting Licence and make an appointment with manager for rental Sumo Suits 2-Small Sumo Suits 2-Large Sumo Suits *** Sumo Suit Set includes 2 suits, helmets and gloves. Does not come with floor pads. Sumo Suits must be cleaned with a 10 percent bleach solution. Tables/Chairs Cushioned, Non-Folding, Metal Frame Chair Bistro Table *** All name plates/stickers must be removed from chair before return. Chairs placed on earth/dirt must have clean legs/feet upon return. Chairs available in gray, blue and maroon (limited quantities). Dunk Tank Dunk Tank *** Requires coordination for filling on-post -- "OR" -- self fill Ski/Snowboard Maintenance Hot Wax Edge Sharpening And Wax Basic Tune-Up Base Repair By Foot Major Base Repair Ski Bindings Mounted Snowboard Bindings Mounted Manual Ski Bindings Adjustment Computer Ski Binding Adjustment Express Maintenance Bike Maintenance Light Tune-Up Classic Tune-Up Deluxe Tune-Up Install Tube And/Or Tire Wheel True Headset Removal And Install Bar Tape Installation Grip Installation Reaming Or Threading Disk Brake Bleed Derailler Hanger Alignment Tune And Clean Drive Train Install chain/Adjust Gears Box Bike For Shipment Install/Remove Pedals Bicycle Build From Box Pro Bike Build Storage Unit Rentals Small Medium Large 3 Door Large 2 Door Large 1 Door RV Storage
- Information for Bikers
- Warrior Adventure Quest
Wiesbaden's Warrior Adventure Quest program featured on Army home page:
- Hunting, Fishing and Sport Shooting
The Paintball Field at Clay North is available by advance reservation to those contacting Outdoor Recreation.
Availability is anytime during daylight hours, space permitting.
Field Fee, 1-20 per Person = $25
Field Fee, 21 and up, per Person = $20
An Accessories Package is included in price per person
Paintballs = $20 per case of 500 pieces
To book a reservation, groups must pay $250 for a field fee. This also covers the first 10 equipment packages.
Policies and Regulation governing the Sport of Paintball in Germany:
In accordance with Army Europe Regulation 190-16 (Installation Access Control) only 4 guests are allowed to be signed in per I.D. Card holder.
Local Nationals are not allowed to purchase non-consumables, rent equipment nor pay any service/participation fees.
All bonafide guests must be registered on the AE Form 190-16F with both the sponsors and guest information completely filled out. (All consumable like paintballs must be exhausted on the property prior to departure).
In accordance with Army Europe Regulation 215-144 (Paintball SOP) all paintball players and operations must be within 100% compliance with German Law regarding the sport of paintball.
Minimum age is 18 years for all ID card holders and non ID card holders. Proof of age may be required at registration.
ACU's, BDU's or any type of camouflage clothing is not permitted on the field during normal operating days. US Army Military Training is the only exception to this rule.
All paintball markers, to include personal markers, must have the German “F” stamp
Maximum velocity for paintballs is 7.5 Joules or 214 FPS
No alcohol may be consumed before or during paintball
- Conference Rooms, Meeting Spaces and MWR Facility Use Request Forms
To view the policy and a list of spaces available visit: Conference Rooms and Meeting Spaces
To request the use of a Wiesbaden Fitness Center room or facility, please complete and submit the Facility Request Form: WI-Sports-FacReqFm.pdf
- 500-/1,000-Pound Club
Demonstrate your strength, endurance and overall fitness (and gain recognition) by joining the elite 500- or 1,000-Pound Club.
This ongoing program involves the following: Deadlift, Bench Press and Squat where each successful lift will accumulate to either 500 pounds or 1,000 pounds (decided by the individual lifter). These lifts are measured under extreme measures such as proper mechanics associated with each lift, verbal commands by official, a socre care to track each successful/unsuccessful lift and a structured checklist and step-by-step checklist.
Individual participates will have three attempts of each of these lifts in order to get the best weight lifted. Once achieved and verified by an official, participants will receive a 1,000- or 500-Pound Club T-shirt and their names engraved on an official tracker maintained in the Wiesbaden Sports, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation Center.
Participation if free; however, appointments must be scheduled at the fitness center before attempting any lifts.
More information is available here.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the acceptable forms of identification for access to the physical fitness centers? Answer: A valid U.S. ID. card.
2. Who is eligible to use the fitness centers? Answer: Active duty U.S. Forces personnel and their family members, U.S. Forces Retirees, U.S. Forces Civilian employees (to include contractors sponsored by the U.S. Forces, Host Nation Civilian employees as authorized by the Garrison Commander.
3. What is the youth age policy for the physical fitness centers? Answer: Absolutely no one under the age of 16 is authorized entrance into any U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden Fitness Center during the hours of 5:30-9 a.m. (PT hours). NO EXCEPTIONS.
a. At other times youth ages 16 and under must be signed in at the issue desk by the adult sponsor, 18 or older, who is actively participating with the youth in the same area. Parents or adult sponsors may not use the exercise rooms or basketball/racquetball courts while their children are in another area of the facility.
b. Patrons must be 16 years of age or older to use the free weights without adult supervision. Youths 12-16 must be accompanied by an adult sponsor who is actively participating with their sponsored child. Youths 11 and under may not enter the weight room areas at any time.
c. Patrons must be 16 years of age to use cardiovascular equipment without direct adult supervision. Youths 11-16 must be accompanied by an adult sponsor who is actively participating with their sponsored child at all times.
d. Patrons 16 years or older may participate in group exercise/Aerobics without adult supervision during scheduled class time only.
e. Patrons ages 11–16 may participate in scheduled classes with an adult sponsor who is actively participating with the youth.
f. Patrons 16 years of age or older may use the Basketball and/or Racquetball courts without adult supervision. Youths 11-16 must be accompanied by an adult sponsor who is actively participating with their sponsored child.
g. Infants are allowed in the Cardiovascular and circuit training areas if they are in non-mobile carriers or strollers. All other areas (Saunas, Strength rooms) are strictly off limits to infants.
h. The Senior Staff Member may make exceptions to this policy under the following conditions:
(1) Active duty personnel will always have priority.
(2) When on site staff member believes that an exception to the policy is in the best interest of a safe facility.
(3) When the onsite staff member sees unsafe or unhealthy situation or when any patron appears to be at risk.
4. Are strollers or baby carriages allowed in the fitness area? Answer: Infants are allowed in the Cardiovascular and circuit training areas if they are in non-mobile carriers or strollers. All other areas (Saunas, Strength rooms) are strictly off limits to infants.
5. Do the physical fitness centers have a dress code? Answer: Athletic shoes and shirts are required. Tank tops and sleeveless shirts must cover chest area and be designed as outer wear. Military members may wear boots and utilities during lunch time hours only. “Barefoot” or “Gorilla Feet” shoes are permitted. Exposed midriffs are prohibited. Clothing designed to be worn as undergarments is prohibited with the exception of the Active Duty utility undershirt. Flip-flops are prohibited.
6. Are there personal trainers available by request? Answer: Yes, please inquire at the front desk for specific information.
7. Can I request specific music to be played? Answer: No. We as a norm play AFN Radio in our facilities.
8. What is the age requirement for the Parent Tot areas? Answer: See age policy above.
9. Can visitors use the fitness centers? Yes, up to four visitors may be accompanied by authorized users.
10. How much are the fitness center classes? Answer: Purchase a single fitness ticket for $5 or a booklet of 10 tickets at a reduced rate of $40 for Standard Fitness Classes (Zumba, Body Tone, Spin/Cycle, Power Pump, Kickboxing, Booty Barre, Power Hour, Total Body Express, Barre-Piloxing). Specialty Classes (Functional Fitness, Yoga, Pilates, Martial Arts) cost $6, or purchase a 10-class pass for $50.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||5 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||5 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Federal and Training Holidays||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|