- Access databases and download eContent
- Check out books, audiobooks, movies, music, and video games
- Request and renew materials with My Account
- Download the 2024 Online Resources Brochure HERE
- Wireless Internet
- Handicap accessible
- After hours book drop
- Areas for working or lounging
- Tours (upon request)
- Reference help
- Web catalog computers: 2
- Internet computers: 24
- 1 self check out station
- Photocopier: free black and white (10 page limit)
- Digital sender (only for mail.mil email addresses)
Green Boot Certified Program (read more about the program here)
- Baby and Preschool Story Times
Thanks to all of our patrons, young and old, who joined us for Baby and Preschool Story Time this past year. PLEASE NOTE: May 19 was the last session before the summer break (and the library's Summer Reading Program) -- the story times return on Sept. 1.
For more information about the library's Beyond the Beaten Path Summer Reading Program, please CLICK HERE.
- Frequently Asked Questions
To view the policy and a list of spaces available visit: Conference Rooms and Meeting Spaces
1. How can I find the library website? Answer: The library’s catalog is located at http://mwrlibrary.armybiznet.com/screens~S102/europe.html. For information about upcoming events and contact information visit our site at http://wiesbaden.armymwr.com/europe/wiesbaden/programs/wiesbaden-library.
2. How do I become a library cardholder? Answer: Simply stop into the library with a valid ID card (sponsor or spouse) and we will gladly establish an account for you and any ID card holding family members. The following are eligible for an account:
- Active Duty/Spouses
- DoD Civilians
- Children with IDs (must be established by Sponsor or Spouse)
- Contract Personnel
- Local National Employees
- State Department Employees
- US Embassy Staff
3. Is there a limit on the number of books to be checked out at a time? Answer: There is no limit on the number of books (including audiobooks) that can be checked out. DVDs are limited to 10 per account, Video games are limited to five per account, and music CDs are limited to 15 per account.
4. Can I check out books, movies, and CDs together? Answer: Yes. As long as you do not exceed the individual item limits -- so unlimited books + 10 DVDs + five video games + 15 Music CDs = tons of fun!
5. How long may I check items out for? Answer: The lending period depends on the type of material that you are borrowing:
- Books & Music CDs -- three weeks plus two 2 renewals
- Video Games -- two weeks plus two renewals
- DVDs one to two weeks plus one renewal
- Lending periods may be shortened for items with high demand.
6. Can I order items from other libraries? Answer: Yes. To borrow items from another library in the Army Europe Library system, a request must be placed on the item in the Web catalog. You may place your own requests from home using your My Account, or you may ask your library’s circulation desk staff for assistance placing requests. All libraries lend all circulating materials (e.g. non-circulating materials include reference materials and magazines). For questions about placing requests, please contact a librarian staff member.
7. What happens if I lose a library item? Answer: Library items borrowed by you or your dependents remain your responsibility until the items are returned to the library. If an item is lost, it must be replaced according to our Library Materials Replacement Policy. Contact us for more information.
8. How will I get notified if a library item is past due? Answer: We will send an email to the email address we have on file to notify you if an item is past due. With "My Account," you can also check the status of your account and renew items online.
9. What kind of events or promotions do you put on? Answer: We provide a variety of programs for children and adults. For current and upcoming events, visit our webpage at http://wiesbaden.armymwr.com/europe/wiesbaden/programs/wiesbaden-library.
10. Can you download E-books to your phone or tablet? Answer: Yes. The Library has downloadable E-books, E-Audio Books, E-Magazines, E-Video and even E-Classes. To learn more stop in and speak with a staff member, or explore the options on your own under the e-content tab at http://mwrlibrary.armybiznet.com/screens~S102/europe.html.