- Price List
Rental & Storage Fees
$10 Per Hour
$6 Per Hour
$6 Per Hour
$5 Per Hour
Under Body Wash Bay
$25 (+$20 if we do it)
$2 Per Day
Overnight Storage in Bay
$10 Bay Fees Apply
Computer Scan Diagnostic
$25 (+Hourly Labor Rate)
Erase Codes Only
Smoke Test for EVAP Codes
$25 (+Hourly Labor Rate)
Suspension Service (With Your Parts)
Suspension Test Lane
$150 Minimum Per Axle
Press In Bearing
Replace TPMS Sensor
Install Sensor Service Kit
Test For Faulty Sensor Only
Reset System After Tire Rotation
Reset and Relearn System
Surcharge for Generic Sensor Programming
Tire Service (With Your Parts)
Seasonal Tire Change
Remove & Replace Tire
Balance Tire (Pound On)
$6 Each And Tire Removal
Balance Tire (Adhesive)
$8 Each And Tire Removal
Unmount And Mount Tire
$8 Each And Applicable Surcharge
Surcharge For Run Flat Tires
Surcharge 45 Profile & Below
Surcharge For 235 Profile And Up
Surcharge 19" Rims & Over
4-Tire Mount/Balance (Pound On)
$80 Plus Applicable Surcharges
4-Tire Mount/Balance (Adhesive)
$90 Plus Applicable Surcharges
$12 Plus Applicable Surcharges
Tool Rental Fees
$10 Per Half Hour
Sand Blast Cabinet
$10 Per Half Hour
$25 Each 15 Minutes
$5 Plus $10 Staff Assist
$10 Plus $20 Staff Assist
$10 Each 10 Minute Use
$5 Each Tire
$5 Each Tire
Power and Pneumatic Tools
General Service (With Your Parts)
Hourly Labor Rates
$79 (Additional Charges May Be Applied For Seized, Rusted or Broken Fasteners)
$25 ($5 Surcharge For Covers And $10 Scan Tool Reset)
Replace Light Bulb
Replace Wiper Blades
Recover And Recharge
$50 Plus R134A
R134A Price Per Ounce
12 Cents Each Gram
A/C Nitrogen Pressure Test
Brake Service (With Your Parts)
Replace Pads Only
$69 Per Axle
Replace Pads & Rotors
$94 Per Axle
Replace Drum Brake Shoes
$125 (Plus $15 Per Wheel Cylinder)
Bleed Brakes At Wheels
Brake Fluid Flush
Surcharge Pads/Elec. Park Brake
Surcharge Integrated Park Brake
$95 & $1 KM Round Trip
Mainz Kastel, Aukamm And Hainerberg Housing
No Key Surcharge
Parking Garage Clay Surcharge
MP Impound Towing Fee
Locked Out (Limited Service)
- Service Availability and Appointments
After a full- spectrum review of our services and based on customer feedback, the Automotive Skills Center is making some adjustments to our services. In order to better serve you, support our core mission of self-help repairs and allow for more availability of stalls and lifts on weekends, the Auto Skills Center has adjusted the availability of many of our full-service repairs.
Most full service repairs will be offered exclusively during the week, and no longer on weekends or training holidays. We will still perform A/C service and tire mounting and balance during all days of operation. Please be aware that you must bring your own parts and supplies for any work to be performed.
Oil change services will remain available during all days of operation, by appointment, and are released on a first-come, first-served basis.
All other requests for full service will be completed during the week only using the scheduling options outlined below.
Weekday appointment options and definitions:
Appointment: You are given priority over walk-in and drop-off customers. You can wait, but we reserve the right to use the full day to complete the work. We will do our best to complete the work as soon as possible. In order to make an appointment, call or stop by the Automotive Skills Center and reserve a space in one of the bays or to make an appointment for services. Reservations and appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you arrive more than five minutes late for your scheduled time, the reservation or appointment will be forfeited.
Drop Off: With this option it is best to call us prior, you drop your vehicle off when we open and we will generally have it complete by the end of the day. We work on vehicles in the order received after completion of appointments. This is the best option to use if appointments are too far out to fit your needs. In most cases, we can complete the work by the end of the day. During extremely busy times, we may not be able to accept drop offs depending on the current work load, so it’s best to give us a call before stopping by the center. Drop offs are generally limited to 2 per day.
Walk-in: (Currently not available due to COVID-19 measures.) You’ll stop in without an appointment and wait until work on your car is complete. This is the least desirable option, as you may experience a long wait or may not be seen that day, depending on the work load and bays available.
If we are unable to meet your needs or time line for service, we can offer some off-post options. Please understand that these are only options and we are in no way endorsing the services provided by off-post vendors.
Availability of services, by day:
Oil changes: Available Tuesday – Sunday, including Training Holidays, by appointment
A/C service: Available Tuesday – Sunday, including Training holidays, by appointment.
Tire Mounting and Balancing: Available Tuesday – Sunday, including Training Holidays, by appointment.
All other full service repairs: Available Tuesday – Friday, with the exception of Training Holidays, by appointment.
Self Help Services: Available Tuesday – Sunday, including Training Holidays. Currently due to COVID-19 measures by reservation only. Please call the shop to reserve a bay.
We appreciate your feedback and understanding in allowing us to continue to provide our best possible service to you!
- Oil Change Appointments
Bay reservations for oil changes only. Standard reservation is for one hour and must be booked one day in advance. Cut-off time for next-day reservation is 11:59 p.m. of the evening before.
FEES -- Basic oil change with your supplies is $25. Surcharge for cover that needs removal for access is $5. Surcharge for systems that require scan tool reset is $10.
Please ensure that you bring your own oil and filter with you for the appointment. Call civ (0611) 143-548-9817 to make an appointment or if you need assistance locating supplies or in getting what you need for the appointment.
- Car Wash Tokens
The token machines accept $1, $5 and $10 bills only. Car wash tokens can also be purchased at the Automotive Skills Center using all major credit cards during regular business hours. If you need change for the token machines, we can accommodate you during regular business hours. Euros are not accepted.
Outside of Automotive Skills' regular hours, please ensure you have plenty of cash or car wash tokens ready for use of the Car Wash.
- Vehicle Donation/Disposal
Time to get rid of that old clunker? The Auto Skills Center will take that old car off your hands and make sure that it is properly disposed of. We will provide you with all the paperwork you need to clear vehicle registration. The cost of $30 saves you the time and hassle of clearing U.S. and German customs.
If you have a POV that you no longer want or need, donate it to MWR. Even if it is inoperable, the Auto Skills Center can tow it in for donation. View the Vehicle Donation Procedures for applicable fees and forms.
- Vehicle Sales by Auction
Looking to purchase a car? The Auto Skills Center offers previously donated cars sold by auction. Stop by the shop and take a look at our available vehicles. Or you can also view the available auction cars on Facebook. To take part in our auctions simply stop by up to 30 minutes before the start of the auction to register.
The auction is available to U.S. ID cardholders only, and all vehicles must be registered with USAREUR registration.
Keep in mind that vehicles are sold as-is. Many of our vehicles come with free labor for the repair of USAREUR inspection faults; parts not included. All our vehicles are pre-inspected for faults and are either fixed or identified to help you in your purchase decision. Please understand that this does not guarantee that all faults are found.
For more information on how the auction works, just place a call to the Auto Skills Center staff and they will gladly answer your questions.
Or visit the Auto Skills Center on Facebook.
- Conference Rooms and Meeting Spaces
To view the policy and a list of spaces available visit: Conference Rooms and Meeting Spaces
- Auto Skills Center Photos
- Resale Lot
Looking to sell your vehicle? Place your car in the Resale Lot! The Resale Lot is located between the Wiesbaden Lodge and the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center. This is a great place to sell since it's located near many of Wiesbaden's newcomers! To register your vehicle for the Resale Lot, fill out a permit and then take it to the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center. The cost is $30 for 30 days. For more information about the Resale Lot and to check availability of space, please contact the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What forms of payment are accepted? Answer: All major credit cards, debit card, check or money order and cash (No STAR Cards)
2. What age do my children need to be to work in the bay area with me? Answer: 14 years old or a responsible adult accompanying youth under age 14, unless the youths are enrolled in a program designed specifically to meet their developmental level (motor skills and maturation rate).
3. Do I need to show proof of ownership before signing my vehicle into the shop? Answer: Yes, you will be asked to show your ID and current registration in your name and we will ensure these match. You can bring someone along to help you on your vehicle repairs, we do ask that the owner remain with the vehicle.
4. Can I perform fuel maintenance? Answer: Yes
5. When is the last time the Auto Skills Center takes customers? Answer: Last sign-in for the Auto Skills is one hour before closing -- clean-up must begin 30 minutes before closing.
6. What is the towing service number? Answer: Towing can be scheduled during regular business hours by calling DSN 548-9817 or civ (0611) 143-548-9817.
7. How can I make an appointment/reservation? Answer: Need a bay for some upcoming maintenance or maybe you need us to provide some services on your car? Avoid the wait -- call or stop by the Automotive Skills Center today and reserve a space in one of the bays or to make an appointment for services. The Automotive Skills Center will take reservations and appointments for the first time slot of the day (12 p.m. on weekdays or 10 a.m. on weekends and training holidays). Reservations and Appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis up to one week in advance and are limited to five per day. If you show up more than five minutes late for your scheduled time, the reservation or appointment will be forfeited. Reservations and appointments can be made in person at the Auto Skills Center or by calling. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments and reservations will be given priority.
8. Is a safety class required to use the Auto Skills? Yes, you will be asked to view a five-minute slide presentation covering safety and environmental considerations, you will be issued a card and be asked to sign a roster for completion.
Please CLICK HERE for MWR’s Holiday Hours. Check our FMWR COVID-19 MITIGATION MEASURES home page for the latest news, menus and more.
Self-Help Bay Rental is available again by reservation only
IMPORTANT: Customers who are unable to complete their work during the time they reserved may be required to set up another appointment to make room for customers scheduled after their time slot. It is critical that they reserve enough time to complete their work.
Space will be very limited -- so first-come, first-served and plan ahead.
All customers should only enter the facility through the main entrance.