- Work bays
- Machinery and diagnostic equipment
- Price List
Rental & Storage Fees
$10 Per Hour
$6 Per Hour
$6 Per Hour
$5 Per Hour
Under Body Wash Bay
$25 (+$20 if we do it)
$2 Per Day
Overnight Storage in Bay
$10 Bay Fees Apply
Computer Scan Diagnostic
$25 (+Hourly Labor Rate)
Erase Codes Only
Smoke Test for EVAP Codes
$25 (+Hourly Labor Rate)
Suspension Service (With Your Parts)
Suspension Test Lane
$150 Minimum Per Axle
Press In Bearing
Replace TPMS Sensor
Install Sensor Service Kit
Test For Faulty Sensor Only
Reset System After Tire Rotation
Reset and Relearn System
Surcharge for Generic Sensor Programming
Tire Service (With Your Parts)
Seasonal Tire Change
Remove & Replace Tire
Balance Tire (Pound On)
$6 Each And Tire Removal
Balance Tire (Adhesive)
$8 Each And Tire Removal
Unmount And Mount Tire
$8 Each And Applicable Surcharge
Surcharge For Run Flat Tires
Surcharge 45 Profile & Below
Surcharge For 235 Profile And Up
Surcharge 19" Rims & Over
4-Tire Mount/Balance (Pound On)
$80 Plus Applicable Surcharges
4-Tire Mount/Balance (Adhesive)
$90 Plus Applicable Surcharges
$12 Plus Applicable Surcharges
Tool Rental Fees
$10 Per Half Hour
Sand Blast Cabinet
$10 Per Half Hour
$25 Each 15 Minutes
$5 Plus $10 Staff Assist
$10 Plus $20 Staff Assist
$10 Each 10 Minute Use
$5 Each Tire
$5 Each Tire
Power and Pneumatic Tools
General Service (With Your Parts)
Hourly Labor Rates
$79 (Additional Charges May Be Applied For Seized, Rusted or Broken Fasteners)
$25 ($5 Surcharge For Covers And $10 Scan Tool Reset)
Replace Light Bulb
Replace Wiper Blades
Recover And Recharge
$50 Plus R134A
R134A Price Per Ounce
12 Cents Each Gram
A/C Nitrogen Pressure Test
Brake Service (With Your Parts)
Replace Pads Only
$69 Per Axle
Replace Pads & Rotors
$94 Per Axle
Replace Drum Brake Shoes
$125 (Plus $15 Per Wheel Cylinder)
Bleed Brakes At Wheels
Brake Fluid Flush
Surcharge Pads/Elec. Park Brake
Surcharge Integrated Park Brake
$95 & $1 KM Round Trip
Mainz Kastel, Aukamm And Hainerberg Housing
No Key Surcharge
Parking Garage Clay Surcharge
MP Impound Towing Fee
Locked Out (Limited Service)
- Service Availability and Appointments
After a full- spectrum review of our services and based on customer feedback, the Automotive Skills Center is making some adjustments to our services. In order to better serve you, support our core mission of self-help repairs and allow for more availability of stalls and lifts on weekends, the Auto Skills Center has adjusted the availability of many of our full-service repairs.
Most full service repairs will be offered exclusively during the week, and no longer on weekends or training holidays. We will still perform A/C service and tire mounting and balance during all days of operation. Please be aware that you must bring your own parts and supplies for any work to be performed.
Oil change services will remain available during all days of operation, by appointment, and are made consecutively each hour of the day. Eight oil change time slots are available each day and are released on a first-come, first-served basis.
All other requests for full service will be completed during the week only using the scheduling options outlined below.
Weekday appointment options and definitions:
Appointment: You are given priority over walk-in and drop-off customers. You can wait, but we reserve the right to use the full day to complete the work. We will do our best to complete the work as soon as possible. In order to make an appointment, call or stop by the Automotive Skills Center and reserve a space in one of the bays or to make an appointment for services. The Automotive Skills Center will take reservations and appointments for the first time slot of the day (12 p.m. on weekdays or 10 a.m. on weekends and training holidays). Reservations and appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis up to one week in advance and are limited to five per day with the exception of oil change appointments. Oil change appointments are made consecutively each hour of the day. Eight oil change time slots are available and are given out first-come, first-served.
If you arrive more than five minutes late for your scheduled time, the reservation or appointment will be forfeited.
Walk-in Drop Off: With this option, you drop your vehicle off when we open and we will generally have it complete by the end of the day. We work on vehicles in the order received after completion of appointments. This is the best option to use if appointments are too far out to fit your needs. In most cases, we can complete the work by the end of the day. During extremely busy times, we may not be able to accept drop offs depending on the current work load, so its best to give us a call before stopping by the center.
Walk-in: You’ll stop in without an appointment and wait until work on your car is complete. This is the least desirable option, as you may experience a long wait or may not be seen that day, depending on the work load and bays available.
If we are unable to meet your needs or time line for service, we can offer some off-post options. Please understand that these are only options and we are in no way endorsing the services provided by off-post vendors.
Availability of services, by day:
Oil changes: Available Tuesday – Sunday, including Training Holidays, by appointment
A/C service: Available Tuesday – Sunday, including Training holidays, by appointment or walk-in
Tire Mounting and Balancing: Available Tuesday – Sunday, including Training Holidays, by appointment or walk-in.
All other full service repairs: Available Tuesday – Friday, with the exception of Training Holidays, by appointment or walk-in.
Self Help Services: Available Tuesday – Sunday, including Training Holidays, by walk in or reservation.
We appreciate your feedback and understanding in allowing us to continue to provide our best possible service to you!
- Car Wash Tokens
The token machines accept $1, $5 and $10 bills only. Car wash tokens can also be purchased at the Automotive Skills Center using all major credit cards during regular business hours. If you need change for the token machines, we can accommodate you during regular business hours. Euros are not accepted.
Outside of Automotive Skills' regular hours, please ensure you have plenty of cash or car wash tokens ready for use of the Car Wash.
- Vehicle Donation/Disposal
Time to get rid of that old clunker? The Auto Skills Center will take that old car off your hands and make sure that it is properly disposed of. We will provide you with all the paperwork you need to clear vehicle registration. The cost of $30 saves you the time and hassle of clearing U.S. and German customs.
If you have a POV that you no longer want or need, donate it to MWR. Even if it is inoperable, the Auto Skills Center can tow it in for donation. View the Vehicle Donation Procedures for applicable fees and forms.
- Conference Rooms and Meeting Spaces
To view the policy and a list of spaces available visit: Conference Rooms and Meeting Spaces
- Auto Skills Center Photos
- Used Vehicle Sales -- Buying, Selling and Submitting a Bid Form
Looking to buy or sell a car? MWR has options to help. Check out this tri-fold.
Looking for a car? The Auto Skills Center offers cars available for bid. The bid lot is located on Mississippi Strasse, across from the Wiesbaden Lodge. Stop by and take a look or you can also view the available bid cars on facebook. To place a bid, simply fill out the bid form below and click the submit button. If you have any questions, please give us a call and we will be happy to assist. Cars are sold through sealed bid, buy-it-now or a combination of both. Keep in mind that vehicles are sold as-is. For more information on how the bid lot works and what to do once you've purchased a bid car, check out the Guide and Tips for Bidders. There is also a box located at the bid lot with forms and more information.
Looking to sell your vehicle? Place your car in the Resale Lot! The Resale Lot is located between the Wiesbaden Lodge and the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center. This is a great place to sell since it's located near many of Wiesbaden's newcomers! To register your vehicle for the Resale Lot, fill out a permit and then take it to the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center. The cost is $30 for 30 days. For more information about the Resale Lot and to check availability of space, please contact the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center.
Submit a Bid on a Vehicle
*Auto Skills is not responsible for any repairs. All sales are final.
*The vehicle is sold as is, and MWR Auto Skills is not responsible for identifying any defects or safety hazards that might prevent the vehicle from passing inspection, operating reliably, or from operating safely. When sold from MWR Auto Skills, the vehicle is sold with no guarantee.
*Auto Skills reserves the right to contact the next highest bidder in the event payment is not received IAW time lines established within the SOP (3 business days).
*I hereby declare that I fully understand the pricing policy and operating regulations (SOP) for bidding on vehicles to include my responsibilities after being notified of placing a winning bid. I understand that I am required to register the vehicle with USAREUR Vehicle Registration before the vehicle will be released to my possession and that I have a maximum of 7 days free storage.
* I have read and understand the terms before placing a bid and certify that the information provided below is true to the best of my knowledge.This form is not currently available.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What forms of payment are accepted? Answer: All major credit cards, debit card, check or money order and cash (No STAR Cards)
2. What age do my children need to be to work in the bay area with me? Answer: 14 years old or a responsible adult accompanying youth under age 14, unless the youths are enrolled in a program designed specifically to meet their developmental level (motor skills and maturation rate).
3. Do I need to show proof of ownership before signing my vehicle into the shop? Answer: Yes, you will be asked to show your ID and current registration in your name and we will ensure these match. You can bring someone along to help you on your vehicle repairs, we do ask that the owner remain with the vehicle.
4. Can I perform fuel maintenance? Answer: Yes
5. When is the last time the Auto Skills Center takes customers? Answer: Last sign-in for the Auto Skills is one hour before closing -- clean-up must begin 30 minutes before closing.
6. What is the towing service number? Answer: Towing can be scheduled during regular business hours by calling DSN 548-9817 or civ (0611) 143-548-9817.
7. How can I make an appointment/reservation? Answer: Need a bay for some upcoming maintenance or maybe you need us to provide some services on your car? Avoid the wait -- call or stop by the Automotive Skills Center today and reserve a space in one of the bays or to make an appointment for services. The Automotive Skills Center will take reservations and appointments for the first time slot of the day (12 p.m. on weekdays or 10 a.m. on weekends and training holidays). Reservations and Appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis up to one week in advance and are limited to five per day. If you show up more than five minutes late for your scheduled time, the reservation or appointment will be forfeited. Reservations and appointments can be made in person at the Auto Skills Center or by calling. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments and reservations will be given priority.
8. Is a safety class required to use the Auto Skills? Yes, you will be asked to view a five-minute slide presentation covering safety and environmental considerations, you will be issued a card and be asked to sign a roster for completion.
Hours of Operation
|Tuesday||12 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||12 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||12 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Friday||12 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Training Holidays||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday (if the holiday falls on a Monday)||Closed|
Car Wash Hours of Operation
|Monday||6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Friday||6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
Rennbahn Strasse 12
Military DSN Tel:
Auto Skills is your resource for maintaining your vehicle, making minor and major repairs or restoring that classic in the garage. Family and MWR’s Automotive Skills Program offers a modern working environment complete with individual work bays, state-of-the-art mechanical tools and a team of qualified and trained staff ready to help. Pay nominal fees to rent:
Our map will help you locate our facility on the north side of Clay Kaserne.
Our partners at IMCOM Family and MWR Marketing produced this helpful video that provides a great overview of the services available at the Auto Skills Center and your safety responsibilities while using it.