Employment Readiness Program
- Classes and individual coaching sessions
The Employment Readiness Office offers monthly classes and individual coaching sessions. The following classes are offered on a regular basis:
- Federal Resume Assistance -- (only U.S. citizens can apply for Appropriated Fund positions)
- Resume and Cover Letter -- (To create a one-page resume for Non-Appropriated Fund and non-federal jobs)
- Dress for Success -- (Appropriate appearance tips for the interview)
- Interview Techniques -- (Encompasses ask/answer questions, attitude and winning interview behaviors)
Classes require registration and must have a minimum of two participants, who are registered no later than 24 hours before the starting time.
Classes can also be arranged for units, Family Readiness Groups or other U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden-affiliated organizations. In addition to the above listings, special request classes can be arranged.
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) consists of partners from the private sector, the military and the federal government who hire and professionally develop military spouses through a corporate partnership initiative. Opportunities are provided to spouses which ensure financial security and achieve employment goals through career mobility and enhanced employment options. Take advantage of the partners dedicated to supporting the military through the development of its finest` resource-the military spouse.
- Information resources
- Job Resource Center (in the lobby) with weekly updates of local vacancies and a Guide to Employers servicing the community and commutable vicinity.
- Home-Based Businesses
- Annual Career Fair
- Executive Orders for Hiring Preferences
- Education resources and financial aid
- Additional services
- Computers, Internet access, printers
- Scanning, fax and copier service
- Extensive resource library of books, CDs, pamphlets and brochures addressing every aspect of career and employment development
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m. 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Training Holidays||Open regular hours|
The Employment Readiness Program provides information and referral service in the areas of employment, education, training, transition and volunteer opportunities to give Soldiers, Retirees and Family members the competitive edge needed to secure employment.
The primary purpose of the program is to assist eligible Family members who are relocating due to a military or civilian sponsor's permanent change of station. Services are for DoD ID cardholders only.