Exceptional Family Member Program
- Exceptional Family Member Program Mission
- To ensure that all mandatory Family members are registered in the EFMP.
- To work with other military and civilian agencies to ensure that the Exceptional Family Member’s special needs are met.
- To provide comprehensive medical and educational support services to the Exceptional Family Member.
- To provide information/referral, advocacy and assistance with housing and assignment issues to all Exceptional Family Members.
- Who is an Exceptional Family Member?
The Army defines an Exceptional Family Member as any Family Member, regardless of age, who has a disability which limits his or her ability to function on a daily basis and/or requires ongoing counseling, training, education, therapy or treatment outside the realm of a Family Practice doctor or regular educational program.
- Does enrollment impact the Soldier?
Enrollment in EFMP does not adversely effect selection for promotion, schools or assignment. Information concerning enrollment in EFMP or any of the data used in the program is not made available to selection boards.
- Criteria for enrollment may include:
- Speech Delay
- Current & Chronic Mental Health Condition
- Premature Births
- Special Education Needs
- Limited Accessibility
- Learning Disability
- Who must enroll in the program?
The following Soldiers with Exceptional Family Members must enroll:
- Active Duty Army
- U.S. Army Reserve (USAR) Soldiers in the USAR Active Guard Reserve Program.
- Army National Guard Active Guard Reserve personnel servicing under authority of Title 10, United States Code and Title 32, United States Code.
- Available ACS services and support
- Information on local services
- Advocacy support
- Respite Care
- Referrals to local support professionals such as: * Educational and Developmental Intervention Service * ACS New Parent Support Program * Clay Kaserne medical facility * Special Education Department at DoDDS School * Child,Youth and School Services School Liaison Officer
- Lending Library
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Training Holidays||Open regular hours|
The Exceptional Family Member Program is a mandatory enrollment program that works with other military and civilian agencies to provide comprehensive and coordinated community support, housing, educational, medical and personnel services to families with special needs.