- Why volunteer?
- Enhance job opportunities
- Gain work experience
- Learn new skills
- Explore new interests
- Share your knowledge and experience with the community
- Be challenged and stay motivated
- Build self-confidence
- Where to volunteer?
- Army Community Service
- American Red Cross
- Chapel Activities
- Child and Youth Services
- Family Readiness Groups
- Family and MWR
- Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts
- ** and lots more **
- Getting started
- All volunteers must be registered. Go to www.myarmyonesource.com
- Search for volunteer opportunities under Volunteer Tools and apply
- Choose a volunteer position that best fits your interests and career goals
- Keep track of your hours. This is important to make sure you get recognition for your work, in building your personal resume and to justify existing community programs
Click here to access the Volunteer Management Information System.
- When to volunteer?
Hours are flexible. You decide what works best for your schedule. Some organizations operate during normal business hours, while others operate on the weekends and evenings.
Assist the community in your spare time -- whenever that may be.
The Army Volunteer Corps provides people interested in gaining experience and recognition for their contributions with volunteer opportunities throughout the U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden.