- CLICK HERE for Volunteer of the Year Nomination Packet Information
- CLICK HERE for Volunteer Nomination Form
- Why volunteer?
- Enhance job opportunities
- Gain work experience
- Learn new skills
- Explore new interests
- Share your knowledge and experience with the community
- Be challenged and stay motivated
- Build self-confidence
- Where to volunteer?
- Army Community Service
- American Red Cross
- Chapel Activities
- Child and Youth Services
- Family Readiness Groups
- Family and MWR
- Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts
- ** and lots more **
- Getting started
- All volunteers must be registered. Go to https://vmis.armyfamilywebportal.com
- Search for volunteer opportunities under Volunteer Tools and apply
- Choose a volunteer position that best fits your interests and career goals
- Keep track of your hours. This is important to make sure you get recognition for your work, in building your personal resume and to justify existing community programs
Click here to access the Volunteer Management Information System.
- When to volunteer?
Hours are flexible. You decide what works best for your schedule. Some organizations operate during normal business hours, while others operate on the weekends and evenings.
Assist the community in your spare time -- whenever that may be.
The Army Volunteer Corps provides people interested in gaining experience and recognition for their contributions with volunteer opportunities throughout the U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden.
The Annual Volunteer Recognition Ceremony identifies the outstanding contributions of the volunteers in U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden and distinguishes those volunteers who have contributed innovative and exemplary service.
The Volunteer of the Year Awards honors those individuals who exemplify the role of the volunteer, as well as those who make a significant positive impact on the lives of others. The volunteer service for those nominated for the VOYA must have been performed during the period between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021.
While the Volunteer Recognition Ceremony recognizes all volunteers, regardless of their registration in the Volunteer Management Information System, those volunteers who are nominated for the VOYA must be registered in VMIS and have their volunteer hours submitted and certified. Volunteers can self-register and submit their hours in VMIS by going to https://vmis.armyfamilywebportal.com or they can be registered as a “non-user” by their Organizational Point of Contact. Regardless of nomination status, VMIS registration and logging hours is highly encouraged.
This year we will also recognize the Category I, II, III, IV organizations with the highest number of VMIS certified hours during the period between April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021.
For more information about the ceremony and to nominate a volunteer please click on the link above, print out the nomination packet and submit to Army Community Service (Building 7790 in Hainerberg Housing) or by email.