- Learn, grow and lead
Army Family Team Building is a volunteer-supported Department of the Army training program designed to help community members become adept at handling any situation in their path.
Our goal is to help you achieve your highest level of personal development. AFTB will affect your everyday life, your social interactions and your career. AFTB classes are designed to help you maximize your success as you work through the complexities of life as a military community members.
- Why take training?
- It's fun
- Learn practical life-management skills
- Gain potential job skills for your resume
- Learn about your resources and benefits
- Gain self-confidence
- They're free
- Who benefits?
- Community leaders
- Family Readiness Groups
- Family members
- Commanders and supervisors
- Army Family Team Building classes
AFTB (Level I) Military Knowledge (K) Modules train basic information about the Army: You’ll learn about the Army life and how to maneuver through daily challenges by discovering how to decipher Army acronyms, utilize community resources, attain better financial readiness, and understand the goal and impact of the Army mission on daily life.
- K1 The Military Life. What does it mean?
- K2 Military Acronyms and Terms
- K3 Chain of Command
- K4 Customs, Courtesies & Traditions
- K5 Military Social Functions
- K6 Military Benefits & Entitlements
- K7 Military & Civilian Community Resources
- K8 Introduction to FRGs
- K9 Military Family Preparedness
- K10 Resiliency, Be the Bouncing Ball
AFTB (Level II) Personal Growth and Resiliency (G) Modules train personal growth skills: Learn how to improve your personal relationships and communication and stress-management skills. Discover how teams form and grow, how to solve problems, and how to resolve personal conflict. You’ll also learn about Army traditions, customs, courtesies and protocol.
- G1 Learn to Communicate
- G2 Effective Conflict Management
- G3 Problem Solving Strategies
- G4 Exploring Personality Training
- G5 Improve Personal Relationships
- G6 Successful Team Dynamics
- G7 Growing through Change
- G8 Resiliency during Crisis and Grief
- G9 Overcoming Stress
- G10 Winning at Time Management
- G11 Time to Serve: The Volunteer Experience
- G12 Heading toward Leadership
AFTB (Level III) Leadership Development (L) Modules train leadership skills: Thrive in the Army and civilian life by expanding leadership skills and effective communication techniques and learning to mentor others into leadership positions. You’ll learn about the different leadership styles, how to run an effective meeting, how to manage group conflict, and how to coach and mentor others.
- L1 Leadership through Understanding Needs
- L2 Examining your Leadership Style
- L3 Effective Communication for Leaders
- L4 Developing Great Meetings
- L5 Establishing Team Dynamics
- L6 Resolving Conflicts
- L7 Supporting others with Coaching & Mentoring
- L8 Virtual Meetings: Tips & Techniques
- Make your training fit your people
Target the needs of your unit or organization by mixing modules from across the levels. Individual classes can be conducted to meet the needs of any group. Also offered are concept blocks, instructor, briefer and facilitator blocks.
Schedule your class today by calling the AFTP Program Manager.
Army Family Team Building empowers you, through self-development and leadership skills, basic Army knowledge and specialized training, to maximize your personal and professional potential.