Army Emergency Relief
- AER Application Packet
- Instructions for Preparing AER Form 600v1 (Commander's Referral Program)
- Application for Army Emergency Relief
- AER Budget Sheet
- What can AER do?
Help with emergency financial needs for:
- Food, Rent or Utilities
- Emergency Leave (lodging, transportation and air fare)
- POV Repair
- Funeral Expenses
- Medical/Dental Expenses
- Provide College Scholarships to Children, Spouses, and Surviving Spouses of Soldiers
- No Pay - Non-receipt of Pay as a Result of DFAS Error
- Commander's Referral Program
Army Emergency Relief gives commanders another tool to affect an immediate positive impact by authorizing limited authority to provide AER assistance. This gives Soldiers an additional option other than payday lenders.
More information about the program is available at www.aerhq.org
- Commander's Referral Examples
Example No. 1
A Soldier requests AER assistance of $425 to meet monthly Basic Living Expenses.
Reason: The Soldier was given UCMJ the previous month and received a one-month forfeiture of $400.
Is this Soldier eligible?
NO: AER does not reimburse for forfeitures of pay and allowances resulting from UMCJ or non-judicial punishment.
Example No. 2
A Soldier requests AER assistance of $485 to meet monthly Basic Living Expenses.
Reason: The Soldier states that his wallet was stolen and it contained over $500.
Is this Soldier eligible?
YES: The commander can approve the request based on the Soldier’s statement or ask the Soldier to provide a copy of the police report filed with local authorities.
- Conditions that apply
- AERO confirms eligibility under the Command Referral Program before issuing a check.
- No more than two Command Referral assistance a year.
- Requested amount and current loan balance cannot exceed $2,500.
- Any existing loan must be repaid before additional assistance under this category is authorized.
- Repayment must be an allotment.
- Loans must be fully repaid within 12 months or before ETSing.
- Soldier cannot be on the AER restricted list.
- Assistance under this category will always be as a loan, not a grant.
- If the Soldier is not eligible, the AERO will contact the commander to return the request or send to Level 2 for exception to policy.
- AERO will inform the commander of the final disposition.
- Scholarship opportunities
- Dependent Children Scholarship Program
- Spouse Scholarship Assistance Program
- Eligibility requirements and applications ave available at www.aerhq.org
- Additional benefits
- Lifetime membership in the Army and Air Force Mutual Aid Association (AAFMAA) of Soldiers who die on active duty.
- Grants for wounded Soldiers medically evacuated from a theater of combat.
- Personal Financial Management Training for Soldiers in AIT.
- Who is eligible?
- Active duty Soldiers, single or married, and their Family members
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers on continuous active duty for more than 30 days and their Family members (Title 10, USC).
- Soldiers retired from active duty for longevity or physical disability, and their Family members.
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers who retired at age 60, and their Family members.
- Surviving spouses and orphans of Soldiers who died while on active duty or after they retired.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||1 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Training Holidays||Open regular hours|
Army Emergency Relief provides no-interest loans and grants to Soldiers and their Families through their local installation's AER section. AER is a private nonprofit organization incorporated in 1942 by the Secretary of War and the Army Chief of Staff.
Active Duty Soldiers lacking the funds to meet their monthly financial obligations may request Army Emergency Relief funds of up to $2,000 by submitting a completed AER Form 600 to their immediate commander. If the commander approves the Soldier’s request, under the Command Referral Program, they complete item 10 of AER Form 600.
The request is then taken to the local AER section, along with a current LES, where a check is issued and allotment for repayment is prepared.
Helpful forms and information:
Wiesbaden Army Community Service (ACS)
10 a.m. - 11 a.m. Wiesbaden Wiesbaden Library
10 a.m. - 11 a.m. Wiesbaden Army Community Service (ACS)
7 p.m. - 11 p.m. Wiesbaden Wiesbaden Entertainment Center
10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Wiesbaden Army Community Service (ACS)
7:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. Wiesbaden Amelia Earhart Playhouse