- Wonder if there is anyone out there that understands
- Need local resources for support
- Want reliable information about programs, services and benefits available to them, but aren’t sure where to go or how to find them
- Meet in person with Surviving Families
- Listen with compassion and offer reassurance
- Provide information and referral to appropriate resources
- Ensure Surviving Families receive all benefits to which they are entitled
- Encourage our Surviving Families to remain an integral part of the Army Family for as long as they desire
OUR PURPOSE is to deliver on the Army’s commitment to Families of the Fallen. Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) connects you with people and services that can help you throughout the grieving process.
Many times, after the loss of a Soldier, unresolved issues or questions come up long after the Casualty Assistance Officer (CAO) has concluded his or her duties. In addition to the grief the Family will suffer, they may also be faced with issues and questions built around the life of an Army Family. Those left behind often:
In keeping with the Army’s commitment to its Soldiers, the Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) delivers on that commitment by providing dedicated and comprehensive support to Surviving Families who have lost a Soldier, whether active, reserve, guard or retired. The SOS can provide support, information and services as long as is needed.
Program Support Coordinators are on hand to:
Please contact the Wiesbaden Survivor Outreach Services Coordinator at DSN (314)548-9201 or civilian 0611-143-548-9201
For more information also visit the official Army SOS website (telephone: 201-834-0494).