Date: Jul 5 - Aug 31
Authorized MWR patrons are invited to enter the 2017 Army Arts and Crafts Contest. The contest will include two divisions:
- Group 1 -- Novice (Individuals whose art skills have not been gained in formal education leading to college credit or a college degree).
- Group II -- Accomplished (Individuals who have gained skills and knowledge through formal courses leading to credit in college or art schools, or received awards in professional competitions).
Nine Categories will be judged within each Division:
- Ceramics: artwork clay, pottery, or similar materials, often covered in decorative stains, glazes, etc.
- Digital Art: artistic work that uses digital technology as an essential part of the creative/presentation process (Digitally altered photographs should be entered in the Army Digital Photo Contest held in October/November.)
- Drawings: artwork using drawing instruments such as graphite pencil, charcoal, colored pencil, silverpoint, or other dry medium on a piece of paper
- Fiber/Textile: any craft using fabric, yarn or other textile components as the main focus
- Glass Art: artwork using non-crystalline solid material which may include vases, sculpture, glass tile mosaics, ornaments, stained glass, fused glass, etc.
- Metals and Jewelry: artwork predominantly created with metals to form sculptures, figurines, kinetic works, metal jewelry, etc.
- Mixed Media: artwork utilizing more than one medium and combines various traditionally distinct art medias (i.e., work on canvas that combines paint, ink, and collage)
- Paintings: artistic work which uses the application of paint, pigment, color or other medium (i.e., acrylic, oil, ink, gouache, fresco) to a surface using brushes, knives, sponges, airbrush, etc.
- Wood: artwork sculpted, crafted, constructed, or decorated with wood to create furniture, carvings, marquetry, musical instruments, toys, etc.
Cash prizes of up to $300 will be awarded for the higher level awards. For more information visit the Army Arts and Crafts website.
No cost to enter
Participants must complete the online profile and subit photos of the artwork by Aug. 31, 2017, at the contest website.
- Tel: (0611) 143-548-9838
- Military DSN Tel: 548-9838