- Welcome to Child and Youth Services
Child and Youth Services provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, whether it is for:
- Full, part time or hourly child care
- Before/after school care
- Programs for your middle school and teen youth
- Instructional classes
- Workforce preparation opportunities
- Sports and fitness activities
Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:
- Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
- Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
- Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
- Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
- Army in Europe Child and Youth Supervision Policy
This is the Army in Europe Child and Youth Supervision Policy (AR 608-18-1)
- CYS Parent Handbook
You can download the Wiesbaden CYS Parent Handbook which contains a variety of valuable information. This comprehensive booklet has everything from the CYS Mission to CDC locations and hours and information on programs and registration.
- To Register on the CYS Waiting List for Child Care, Create an Account in MilitaryChildCare.com
Visit MilitaryChildCare.com to find the child and youth care your family needs.
For more information on using MilitaryChildCare.com, see the brochure.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is on medication; can I bring the medication with them to school? Answer: To bring medication to school you have to contact the school nurse. In CYS Services, you need to contact the CYS facility director, who will explain the requirements for administering medications in the CDC/SAC.
2. What happens if there is an unplanned school closure? Answer: This depends on why the school would be closed. Under normal circumstances, the School Age Centers will be available for care, but please listen to AFN-Wiesbaden radio, FM98.7, for details.
3. How do I register my child for a school on a different installation than my home installation? Answer: Please check with the School Liaison Officer, civ (0611) 143-548-9305, or contact the school.
4. Where can I get information on the directors and management staff? Answer: Please call or email the contact information listed on our webpages -- we’ll direct you to the right people.
5. Where do I find the program center? Answer: When you register and enroll your child/ren in a program, Parent Central Services staff will answer all your questions on what the program is about, where it is, what time it starts and ends and answer any additional questions parents might have.
6. How do I register my child with CYS Services? Answer: CYS Services’ Parent Central Services, offers email registrations, appointment registrations and walk-in registrations. To make sure you have all the required documents needed, you can visit our website, email or call Parent Central Services for information.
7. Is there child-care available only on post? Answer: Yes.
8. How much do the different programs cost? Answer: For more information please see our current Fee Chart.
9. How do I decide which school on which installation to send my child to if there are multiple in my area? Answer: All elementary children attend Hainerberg Elementary School unless you live in Aukamm. In that case, children attend Aukamm Elementary School.
10. Do buses take children off post as well as on? Answer: Yes.