- Quality of Life
- Community Service
- Recreation and Leisure
- Coordinate and participate in community services projects
- Organize recreation and leisure activities
- Actively support the quality of life needs of single Soldiers
- Commissary Shuttle
Who: BOSS Service Members
What: BOSS Shuttle Service
When: First and third Saturdays of the month at 10 a.m. Registration deadline is no later than three three days prior.
Where: Warrior Zone, Bldg. 1214
Why: Accommodate Single Service Members on Clay Kaserne with a weekend shuttle service to the Exchange Mall on Hainerberg as well as the Commissary.
- Passport Information
A tourist passport is strongly recommended for BOSS trips outside of Germany. For more information on obtaining or renewing your passport, please visit the USAG Wiesbaden Directorate of Human Resources page.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Want to get involved in the community and don't know how? Join BOSS on one of our many volunteer outings or opportunities.
Examples of program participation:
- Revenue Generating Events
- Event setup and breakdown
- Event station support
- Children program assistance
If you are already a volunteer, make sure to track your hours through VMIS, the Volunteer Management Information System.
Steps to register as a BOSS Volunteer:
- Create your VMIS account
- Click on "opportunities" under the Volunteer tab.
- Enter "BOSS" into the "Search by title" bar.
- Select "BOSS Volunteer" and enter your credentials.
- Click "Apply"
The BOSS President checks VMIS for applications and hours daily.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can participate in BOSS events? Answer: All single, divorced or geographically displaced Service Members, to include single parents.
- How can I sign up for an event? Answer: Stop by the Warrior Zone, Bldg. 1214 on Clay Kaserne.
- How can I sign up to volunteer for BOSS? Answer: Stop by the Warrior Zone, Bldg. 1214 and sign up.
- How can I become a BOSS representative? Answer: BOSS representatives are appointed by your unit Command Team. For those interested speak with your unit leadership.
- Can I get credit for my BOSS volunteer service? Answer: Keep track of your volunteer hours on the VMIS website.
- Who can attend BOSS meetings? Answer: All Soldiers, DoD civilians and guests.
- How can I find out who manages the BOSS program at my installation? Answer: Stop by the Warrior Zone Bldg. 1214 or call DSN 548-9847.
- What kind of activities and events does BOSS offer? Answer: Recreational programs, trips, volunteer opportunities, quality-of-Life improvement projects, Life Skills Programs.
- How do I become a part of BOSS? Answer: Just show up at a meeting, held at the Warrior Zone.
- Where are meetings held? Answer: Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m. in the Warrior Zone.
The Better Opportunities for Single Servicemembers (BOSS) program represents the voice of the single servicemember. If you're a single servicemember, BOSS members advocate for you by advancing quality of life issues on the installation, and in the barracks, to senior leaders on post and throughout the Army. "Let Your Voice Be Heard"
The BOSS program is based on three program pillars:
As a member of BOSS, you have a voice in how you live, how you spend your leisure time and how you support the community around you. BOSS Soldiers:
Garrison BOSS programs are managed by a Senior Enlisted Advisor, MWR Advisor and BOSS President. BOSS serves the Single Soldier Community - active, guard and reserve - and single parents, geographical bachelors, and other branches of service and Foreign Service Members.
BOSS membership and the program's available leadership and project management roles enhance your promotion packets. Learn more about BOSS at www.boss.armymwr.com.
Also, check out Wiesbaden BOSS's social media links HERE.
Contact the BOSS President at civ (0611) 143-548-9847 or DSN 548-9847.
Wiesbaden BOSS Advisory Board
CSM Pamphil, USAG Wiesbaden Command Sergeant Major
Kevin Ringgold, BOSS Adviser
Spc. Kevin A. Alanis, BOSS President
Please stop by or contact the Warrior Zone for more information.