Date: Jan 30, 12:35 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Wiesbaden Sports, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation Center - Clay Kaserne Bldg. 1631 Wiesbaden 65205 Google Map
Armed Forces Entertainment and Wiesbaden Family and MWR are proud to welcome alumni players of the Washington Redskins and the Washington Redskins Cheerleaders.
Community members will have a chance to spend some time with the former players and cheerleaders during their visit to U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden at the following events:
- 12:35 p.m. to 1:35 p.m. -- Meet and Greet at the Wiesbaden Sports, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation Center
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. -- Cheerleaders Clinic for ages 5-18 at the Wiesbaden Sports, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation Center.
- 4:50-6 p.m. -- Cheerleader Variety Show and autograph session following the show at the Wiesbaden Sports, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation Center.
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. -- Meet and Greet at the AAFES Main Exchange in Hainerberg Housing.
Featured alumni players include:
- Ricky “Slick Rick” Sanders, second all time in Super Bowl receptions/yards gained with nine catches for 193 yards in Super Bowl XXII. Sanders is a wide receiver who played professionally for 12 seasons from 1983 to 1994, two with the USFL’s Houston Gamblers and 10 in the NFL, eight seasons with the Washington Redskins and two with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Reggie Branch, who played five seasons with the Redskins and won a Super Bowl with the team.
- Chris Samuels, an offensive tackle in the NFL for 10 seasons who played college football for the University of Alabama and was recognized as a consensus All-American. Selected third overall in the 2000 NFL Draft, Samuels played his entire pro career for the Washington Redskins and was a six-time Pro Bowl selection.
The Washington Redskins Cheerleaders, also known as the First Ladies of Football, have chosen as a team to dedicate much of their time and energy to military service men and women and their families. Since the 1970s they have visited the injured at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center numerous times. Their first military tour overseas was in 1984, entertaining the Armed Forces in Turkey, Italy, Sicily, Spain, and the Sixth Fleet off the coast of France. As of Aug. 22, 2016, they have been on more than 52 tours outside the United States to bring a touch of home to all the men and women around the world.
The First Ladies of Football were the first entertainers to go to the front lines of the Kosovo War in July of 1999 and also the first entertainers to tour the entire country of Iraq in one tour; visiting 20 Forward Operating Bases and Camps.